SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization.” SEO can be described as the technique of enhancing a web page to grow its visibility on Search Engines Result Pages (SERPs) when people search for services or products associated with your product and services in search engines such as Google, Bing, Yandex etc. The higher the visibility of your web pages SERP (Search Engine Research Page), the higher the revenue because more people will find your product online.
What Is SEO Content Writing?
SEO allows bots to easily crawl through your website. Bots are used by search engines like Google and Bing to crawl contents on a websites to collate content information on different pages on the site to put them as an index. Index is a collection of web pages on a website to help the bot find exact keyword searched for on the search box. An index is to be viewed like a collection of books in a library where the librarian can locate and help pick exact book searched for any time.
A good SEO helps the search engine (Google) algorithms to analyze the contents and web pages collected as an index to determine queries typed as search in order to display relative content as a search result for the query searched on the result page. Using the library illustration, the librarian reads all the books available and can easily tell the exact book that answers the question asked.
What Is SEO With Example? (Learn Search Engine Optimization)
SEO is a strategy use to improving a webpage of a website to increase search engine (Google) rankings on a query searched for relating to your business. Search Engine Optimization is one of the best and most effective way in digital marketing world that worth investing time into.
What Are The Different Types Of SEO?
Below are four major types of SEO practice to start learning from:
1. On-Page SEO
On-page SEO can also be referred to as “On-Site SEO” which simply mean the process of optimizing the content of a website for search engine ranking. On-page SEO is a full website optimization which includes the content body structure, keywords, headers, meta descriptions, images etc.
On-page SEO is very important on every website to rank well on SERP (Search Engine Result Page) because it helps search engines to understand the content and what the website is all about. As long as Google understands the contents on your website, the reward is to bring your site up for search queries relating to your website.
Tips for a successful on-page SEO:
- Keywords Research: Research on keywords is very important in SEO to appear on Google search result. Spend time to research on keyword with high relevance and with high search volume along with terms with less competition. With the right keywords in place, ensure your content writings are optimized with these keywords.
- Metadata Optimization: Metadata is a way of telling Google and searchers summary about the content on a webpage. Meta titles and meta descriptions should be relevant to the keyword to increase the chance of ranking higher than your competitions. I
- Create Internal Linking: Internal links means creating URLs from an existing page on your website to another page within a website. Its mostly done by creating an anchor text to link to a related content within the website. Make links on the targeted keywords and link it to a high-authority pages on your website to help Google read and understand your contents which makes it more user friendly.
2. Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO is a strategy that help to create trust and exposure about the content of the website which eventually is pretty much everything that does not happen on your website. Off-page SEO mostly focus on link building. If you’re unaware, link building is a tactic that get other reputable websites to link back to your site. Some good link building tactics to consider are:
- Articles Pitching: Make a research about blogs that accept pitch post online, there are many of them. In the processes of submitting a post to be published, create a link back to your site. In selecting a blog to submit a pitch post, make sure it is relevant to your work or contents in your site.
- Research About Your Competitors: Get a backlink details about your competitors in same industry. Check for where they get their links and which site allow hyperlink to link back to your site. Start your research with this free backlink research tool
NOTE: Not just backlinks, relevant backlinks are key in SEO so you make effort to earn it from authoritative sources and a relevant websites to generate real traffic.
3. Technical SEO
Technical SEO is a tactics that assist search engines bots crawl a website and improve user experience (UX). Search engines algorithms are often updated and in the process makes it more complex for the requirement to also change often. Technical SEO is always evolving. Technical SEO tactics have to be very efficient in order to have a crawlable website by search engines.
Some technical SEO tactics to perform are:
- Speed Of The Website: The faster a website, the better the chances to get ranked in search engines. Google has variables in ranking website and a fast loading speed is a factor. Some criteria to have a fast website includes a good web hosting service provider, simple template, website optimization and numbers of redirection should be reduced.
- Mobile Friendly Website: Most internet users are moving from desktop to mobile to make research online about products or services. Make a proper check of your website on different mobile web browsers to be sure of speed and easy navigation for users visiting your site with mobile device.
- Secure Site (HTTPs): The use of HTTPS (HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure) gives the users a safe use of your website. If you are still using HTTP, contact your hosting service provider to migrate your website to HTTPs. Also a easy navigation structure with efficient internal links will help your website structure and improve SERP.
4. Local SEO
Local SEO is a tactics that is used to focus on a specify location with a geographical area focus. It’s based on increasing a business or services presence online in a community by creating awareness of the products or services within a location to customers who search on the related keyword online.
To rank your products and services well on Google is by creating a “Google My Business” profile which promote related search about keywords related to your products and services. All your business details such as address, working hours, job description, customers reviews, uploaded product photos, posts are visible to Google which will look relevance and prominence on SERP (Search Engine Result Page) based on search query by users which eventually increase sales and revenue.
Important of local SEO are:
- High volume of targeted online users
- A free business online present
- Increase business revenue
Just like paid ads by Google for search result, its a paid service for search engines to rank higher in a specific query which is done by a SEO experts.
Why Is SEO Important For Digital Marketing?
SEO is very vital for a successful digital marketing journey. There are over trillions of research online annually with the interest to find relevant information on a specific product and services. Online research as been the most visited source to generate traffic and sales for business.
The higher your visibility and ranking on search engine result page, the more advantage you gain over your competitors which eventually increase revenue. Also, bulk SMS services is never outdated in digital marketing to reach customers directly on their mobile with vital information.
With constant modification of search engine result page to improve user experience in giving more accurate, relevant and direct answers to questions which are most likely to give information on the result page without diving into other websites.
Since the introduction of the “rich results” and “Knowledge Panels” features in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page), there have been an increase in providing information to users about companies and their services directly from the SERP.
Generally speaking, SEO is the building block of a successful digital marking ecosystem. To begin SEO on a website to generate revenue or traffic, the basics is to understand what the visitors want, next is to implement or improve the knowledge from the campaigns either through organic or paid and apply it.
How Can I Learn SEO? (Organic Search Engine Optimization)
If you need a flexible way to learn SEO, here are 5 simple steps to start learning SEO for Free
1. Understand the basic goal of SEO
Every businesses with different marking goals to achieve which all are channeled towards having more sales and generating more revenue and boost income. The goal idea is generally the main purpose of SEO.
The implementation of good SEO will Improving your website which allows a high ranking at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) boosting revenue by generating relevant traffic.
2. Understand keyword research
keyword research basically allows to pick words to rank for on search engines. In keyword research, its important to choose frequently searched words (search query) that fit your business in other to appear in bigger audience to generate traffic.
Basically, there are two types of keywords; “long-tail keywords” that consists of three or more words and the “short-tail keywords” that consists of only one or two words. Long-tail keywords should be focused on to generate better performance.
3. Understand the difference between on-page and off-page SEO
There are two main type of SEO; On-page and Off-page SEO. What takes place on-page is involves the physical changes when you learn and apply SEO, while Off-page in defendant on other sites.
On-page SEO is easier to learn and understand because it deals directly with the implementation done within a website. On-page SEO involves formatting (such as H1 and H2 tags), use of keyword, site navigation, post URLs, meta descriptions, and image descriptions and alt text.
Off-page SEO rely on other web opinions about your content by creating links that point back to your site. Authoritative links that point back to your site that tells about products and brand are all contributing to Off-page SEO.
5. Enhance SEO-friendly content creativity
Content created on a website are the primary way to bring in researchers through search engines to your site. These contents includes blog post, informational articles, videos, news released etc. Creative content creation can generate traffic from search engine such as Google if SEO best practices is followed.
The basic reason for a SEO-friendly content creation is allow search engine crawlers on your site. Search engine crawlers are proficient in sifting through text, looking for a balance keywords, comprehensive information, and a digestible content layout.
It is very important to learn SEO-friendly content with lengthy articles. Lenghty posts have a better chance of assisting searchers in their research journey for knowledge.
6. Adopt link building strategy
There are over 200+ factors used by Google for ranking high in SERP with link building always stays one of the top three factors. Links built from other websites pointing back to your post or page indicate to search engines how useful and trusted your website is to users on the internet.
Search engine are extremely strict for a questionable link building method used. Link building must be done genuinely the right way so as not to get penalized.
One of the best way to generate a natural link is by creating a guest blogging post and in the process request links pointing back to your website.
10 Basics Tips For Search Engine Optimization SEO To Boost Traffic
- Build a Well-Designed Website
- Focus on a Specific Topic
- Pick Relevant Keywords
- Create Quality Content on a Consistent Basis
- Create Attractive Page Titles and Headlines
- Optimize Your Images
- Reduce Your Website’s Load Time
- Write Information-Packed Meta Descriptions
- Address Your URLs
- Master Internal Linking