To recover deleted files on android phone device was sometimes ago impossible. ONE major disadvantage of Android OS is the lack of recycle bin. As human, we intentionally and sometimes mistakenly delete files on our gadget.
Thanks to Windows and Mac OS recycle bin, our mistakes could easily be corrected by recovering lost data in recycle bin. But on Android OS ― may be in the future. The most secure way is to create a complete backup using any of this cloud store options.
It may be a totally irritating or maybe heartbreaking to lose your images. Missing pix and films may be misplaced for all time out of your Android device. Thankfully, there are various approaches to shield the ones treasured memories.
How Do I Recover Deleted Files From Android Internal Memory?
Lost your valuable data from the internal storage of your smartphone? Different reasons can lead to such mishaps, some of them are: removing the memory card without switching off the phone, deleting files accidentally, formatting the device or partition of data mistakenly. To get a reliable way to recover deleted files from Android internal memory, there are two reliable methods to restore your deleted data from the internal memory:
Method 1: Restore From Google Backup:
- Install Google Drive app on your Android smartphone and lunch it.
- Sign in with your Gmail account
- Select your current device from the list.
- After selecting, your backup files will be shown that are available for restore.
- Press “Preview” at the right corner before restoring them
- Wait for your files to be restored successfully from the backup available.
If your device has no backup files, follow method 2.
Method 2: Restore By Using Dr.Fone:
This method will enable you to recover deleted files on android phone such as videos, photos, text messages, contacts, call history, documents etc on the internal memory on your Android phone. follow the easy steps below;
- Download Dr.Fone (Data Recovery-Android) on your PC and lunch it.
- Select “Data Recovery” option from the menu options.
- Next, use a USB cable to connect your Android device to the PC. But
- Ensure the “USB Debugging” feature is activated. If pop-up permission for USB Debugging came up, tap on “OK” to activate it
- As soon as your android device is recognized, a list of data files will appear.
- Select files you want to recover and select “Next”.
- In the next window, you will be asked to either: “scan for deleted files” or “all files”. It is recommended to select “Scan for deleted files” and tap “Next”
- Now wait patiently while Dr.Fone scan for deleted files.
- After completing the recovery process, the application will automatically unroot your device and display your recovered data. Preview the data files you wish to retrieve.
- Select the files you want to save and click “Recover” button
- All done!
I hope my answer helps you to recover deleted files on android phone or lost data from internal memory on an Android device.
How To Recover Deleted Files On Android Phone Without Computer
These methods will help recover deleted files on android phone without computer like photos, videos, document etc. Follow the easy steps highlighted below to walk you through how to recover deleted files on android phone without a computer.
Method 1. Recover Deleted Files On Android via Recycle Bin
One major disadvantage of Android OS is the lack of recycle bin. Many Android applications have a recycle bin, normally, deleted files will be stored in recycle bin temporarily and will not be completely deleted immediately. It will save the photos and videos deleted in the last few days and allow them to be restored. For example, the Gallery app that comes with Samsung phones has such a function.
To recover deleted files on android phone such as videos or photos from Android without computer:
- First you need to install recycle bin app for android phone from google play store
- Check the recycle bin for deleted files by clicking the basket icon after installing.
- Click the menu in the upper right corner open “Recycle Bin” options.
- This option will enable you to view all the “Deleted Files” folders that can be restored.
Method 2. Recover Deleted Photos And Video With Google Photos
All Android phone devices has Google Photos that is capable to keep trashed files also known as “Trash Bin” that can store deleted photos for over 30 days before it is permanently deleted from the phone. Google photos act a little bit different from recycle bin app because you need to back up photos to Google Drive ahead. This means that if any photo is deleted completely with other apps, a copy of the photo will be saved it through Google Photos which can be recalled.
To recover deleted files on android phone such as photos and videos with Google Photos without computer:
- Open Google Photos app on your Android phone device.
- Select Trash icon from the menu at the left side.
- Click and hold the photos or videos to be restore.
- Click “Restore” to get the files back to Google Photos library or Gallary
Method 3. Recover Deleted Music On Google Play Music without Computer
Google Play Music app can store deleted songs within 60 days just as Recycle Bin or Google Photos. after 60days of deleted songs, the songs will be permanently deleted. You can recover deleted music from Google Play Music before the 60 days:
- Open the Google Play Music app.
- From the menu, select Trash > Tap on More.
- click and hold to select the music files and click Undelete.
Method 4. Recover Deleted Files from android SD Card without PC
SD card is an alternative way to backup files such as photos, video, audio, documents, ZIP files, APK files etc. Files backed up on SD Card can be recovered easily.
- Insert the SD card into an Android phone
- Open the file manager > select the SD Card
- Open the folder where the files are saved.
- Select the files to be restored on internal storage and copy.
- From the file manager; select the internal storage and paste
How To Protect Your File From Getting Deleted.
As an Android user, it is essential to create recycle bin to enable a user recover deleted files on android phone. Recycle Bin is a pre-installed program in windows PC, which can protect your file from getting deleted.
You can also create a Recycle Bin in your android phone by following this easy steps.
- Download and install Dumpster App from Play Store
- Delete any file from your device
- Open dumpster, there you can see your deleted file.
- Click on the file you just delete, a prompt message will display asking to “restore” or “delete permanently”
- You can recover the file by clicking on restore or click delete to permanently delete the file.
For questions on how to recover deleted files on android phone, feel free to use the comment box below.
Find this article helpful? please share on your favorite social media