In this article, we explain the DStv Explora Extra View setup with an HD decoder using a smart LNB which is an easy way of connecting more than one DStv decoder on a single subscription.
The installation is used to link Explorer and HD decoders together by running an installation wizard on both decoders 1 and 2. Here are our easy steps on how to install a DStv dish for a beginner (With Pictures). For any DStv Extra View installation with Explora and HD decoder, the primary decoder is usually the Explora while the HD decoder has to be the secondary.
After connecting your cables at the right ports of the DStv smart LNB ( unicable port A for the Explora decoder and port C for the HD decoder), the next step is to run the installation wizard on both DStv decoders for them to send heartbeat signal to each other. DStv ExtraView Installation With Explora And HD Decoder does not need a physical heartbeat cable with the use of smart LNB
What is DStv Extra View?
Extra View is a convenient way of connecting 2 DStv decoders on a single subscription to watch different channels simultaneously. This is a handful setup for multiple DStv decoders. So, instead of having multiple DStv subscriptions for each decoder, you can link the decoders under one DStv subscription.
In other words, if a family member wants to watch different TV programs at the same time, this can cause family members to squabble over the channel to tune to. Certainly, an extra view setup solves this problem by allowing each family to watch a different channel in different rooms on one subscription.
That is to say, each family member can watch different shows on separate decoders. With Extra view setup, you can watch 2 live TV channels simultaneously at the same time.
How To Pay For DStv Extra View?
To set up DStv extra view successfully, the regular DStv subscription fee will be required with an additional monthly access fee of N2900 for the extra decoder in the setup.
DStv Explora Extra View Setup Diagram With Smart LNB
The diagram below shows Dstv Explora extra view setup with a smart LNB
DStv Extra View Installation Wizard With Explora And HD Decoder
DStv installation wizard should be performed on the Explora decoder (primary decoder) first before the HD decoder (secondary decoder).
To perform DStv ExtraView installation with Explora and HD decoder, on the Explora decoder (primary decoder) follow the steps below.
- Firstly, select a preferred language (English & Portuguese) and press OK.
- Secondly, on the satellite page if you live in these listed countries (Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe), select the satellite name IS20 and press OK to the next page. For the rest of Africa, if your country’s name is not listed on the IS20 satellite page, select the E36B satellite and press OK.
- On the next page select Manual Setup and press OK.
- Lastly, on the LNB page, change the LNB type to be UNICABLE TM/SATCR.
- All index and user band frequencies have to default as the primary decoder so as to send a heartbeat signal to the secondary.
DStv XtraView Frequency Settings Code
1. User Band Frequency For Primary Explora Decoder
Change the user band frequency for the primary Explora decoder to match the data below.
LNB TYPE UNICABLE TM/SATCR
User Band Tuner 1 Frequency – 1210
User Band Tuner 2 Frequency – 1420
User Band Tuner 3 Frequency – 1680
User Band Index 1 —– 0
User Band Index 2 —– 1
User Band Index 3 —– 2
On the LNB page, scroll down to select scan if the signal status at the right side of the page indicates enough Dstv signal. Don’t scan the decoder yet, press the back button on the remotes which will take you to the previous menu. On this menu, select quick setup and press OK to move on to the next page, select decoder one, and press OK to scan the Dstv decoder.
If you are already using the Explora decoder, follow the steps to perform the DStv Xtraview installation wizard.
- Firstly, press the Dstv logo on the remote
- Secondly, scroll to Settings using the right arrow button
- Thirdly, Scroll to satellite settings and press OK.
- Select the home network and press OK.
- Lastly, select launch installation wizard.
If the HD decoder (secondary decoder) is new, follow the steps below before you perform the DStv ExtraView installation with Explora and HD decoder.
- Firstly, select your preferred language (English & Portuguese) and press OK
- Secondly, choose the satellites depending on the country you are living in. On the satellite page if you live in these listed countries (Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe), select the satellite name IS20 and press OK to the next page. For the rest of Africa, if your country’s name is not listed on the IS20 satellite page, select the E36B satellite and press OK.
- On the next page select manual setup and press OK.
- Lastly, On the LNB page, change the LNB type to UNICABLE TM/SATCR and press OK.
2. User Band Frequency For Secondary HD Decoder
Change the user band frequency for the secondary HD decoder to match the data below.
User Band Tuner 1 Frequency – 2040
User Band Tuner 2 Frequency – 1006
User Band Index 1 — 3
User Band Index 2 — 4
Finding the whole process of DSTV ExtraView Installation With Explora And HD Decoder difficult? Do you stay in Lagos Nigeria??