In this article, we will show you a successful step by step DSTV Installation Wizard guide in Nigeria. Looking for an expert for installation in Lagos? Contact Us for installation schedule
WHAT IS DSTV?
DSTV means “Digital Satellite Television” owned by Multichoice. DSTV started providing satellite services estimated about 11.9 million from 1995.
DSTV Installation guide in Nigeria is a very good skill for opportunity and also a very lucrative source of making money in Nigeria.
DSTV INSTALLATION WIZARD SETTHINGS STEP BY STEP QUIDE
1. Get the full DSTV kits, which comes with HD Decoder, HDMI or AV cable, Power Adaptor, 90cm Dish, a roll of Coaxial cable, dish bracket and remote control
2. Choose a best location to mount your DSTV dish. This is very important stage in DSTV Installation Wizard guide because this determines how you get DSTV Signal, it must be mounted facing East-Direction. East-Direction is simply identified by the direction of Rising of the Sun.
3. The dish bracket can be fixed on the building wall, a dash board, a mounted poll or on the top building concrete platform. The key point is, it must be very firm not to be pushed down by heavy rain or wind.
NOTE: Make sure there are no structures (such as tree, building etc.) at the front of the Dish otherwise, it will block the signal strength.
4. Now, attach the 90cm assembled blue dish on the bracket as shown below
5. Next, attach your satellite finding meter to the LNB so as to enable track a good signal as shown below.
6. Next, connect the DSTV decoder box using the HDMI cord or AV wire, fix the coaxial cable with the F-Connector and attach it to the “LNB IN” Port at the back of the Decoder. Lastly, connect the Power Adaptor plug to the decoder. Insert battery into the remote control. Connect everything properly, as shown below
NOTE: The coaxial cable attached to the LNB IN Port should go outside and be fixed at the LNB attached to the dish while the Power cord goes into the socket for power supply and the HDMI cable go into the TV HDMI port or the AV Port respectively as shown below
7. Now, Power-ON the DSTV decoder. Note, putting ON a decoder for the first time needs to boot, after booting, the first time installation wizard will display on the screen as shown below:
8. Follow the DSTV Installation Wizard prompt messages to complete the installation. If your language is English, Press OK to continue
9. Still on “Step 2 of 5”, use your DSTV remote to change the “Satellite IS20 to E36B” and Press OK to continue
10. Next, you move to “Step 3 of 5” as shown below
11. Next, use the remote to select “Manual Setup”, not the “Quick Setup”, press OK and it will take you to the next DSTV Installation wizard “Step 4 of 5” where the “Tuner 1 Signal Status” and “Tuner 2 Signal Status” will appear as shown below
12. At this stage of DSTV Installation Wizard is where the signal tracking comes in. Now, move outside to the dish and do signal tracking with the dish, because the “Tuner 1” and “Tuner 2” will help you the exact signal for DSTV SATELLITE. To start tracking,, raise the tuning nob of the Satellite Finder to number 5 and start moving the dish in an UP and DOWN direction to gain signal, once you reaches the signal point, the meter will sound very high the value will increase from 5 to 10 and above. When a good signal is gained, start tightening your dish’s bolts and nuts to be firm. At this point, the Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 Signal Status filled with blue lines as shown below
13. At this stage of installation, you have done a great work already because you have gained the Signal for the DSTV Decoder to run a full Scan of all the Channels
NOTE: At this stage, if you get a weak signal, the DSTV decoder will not be able to scan for Channels. So, you MUST ensure you get it right and you are good to go.
14. Now Press OK to Start Scanning for Channels as seen below
15. After a successful scanning, it will automatically start showing the Channel 100 which is the FREE and now you can call the customer care lines to open the remaining Channels for you or you can as well send a Text message ”RESET” space “IUC NO” to “30333” if the DSTV Decoder has been Activated, all the Channel in that bouquet will start showing in no time. congratulations!!! You have done it. You will start viewing all your Channels as seen below,
Trust you learnt the easy steps on DSTV Installation Wizard guide in Nigeria.